We here at Norwood Furniture would like to introduce you to our New Store and Brand, Pure Comfort Mattress. The mission of Pure Comfort Mattress is to offer a wide variety of the highest quality, best value and uniquely comfortable mattresses, pillows and sleep related products available.
If you would like to improve your quality of sleep and comfort we invite you to visit Pure Comfort Mattress, we’d be honored to help you.
On Saturday, October 1, from 10am-8pm we are having our Grand Opening at 143 East Germann Rd Suite 107, Gilbert, 85297. We would love for you to come check out our new store. There will be a giveaway for 2 $500 gift certificates, refreshments, and dessert served all day. We hope to see you there!
Our Furniture Pick of the week is the beautiful Wellington bed. The stylized embrace of exquisitely-detailed metal in the Wellington iron bed introduces dignified style to the bedroom. A refreshing openwork design brings together more than a dozen slender pipes on the headboard and footboard, each angled and bent to draw the eye and build a restful retreat. In the center of each panel, a beautiful solid wreath design hovers like a crown, ensuring this bed isn’t merely comfortable, but fit for royalty.
The Wellington bed also comes in over 30 unique finishing, allowing you to create the perfect match for your bedroom retreat.
To learn more about the Wellington, come see us at our Gilbert showroom or give us a call at (480) 892-0174.
Table – Chairs – China Cabinet – Mirrors – Lamp – Decanter Set – Rug
Two tone dining tables are a beautiful way to bring multiple finishes into a room. They’re especially useful in a kitchen nook where you can match the base to your cabinets and the top to the chairs, or vice versa.
This China Cabinet is really the center of the space. The dark mink finish, antiqued mirror back panel, and silver knobs bring a hint of glamour to the room.
There would ideally be 4 chairs around the dining table, but for the sake of this picture’s visual appeal, we’re letting you imagine the other two. We chose chairs in a more rustic finish like that of the table top to lighten the room and kept the rug neutral with a monochromatic pattern.
Norwood’s Interior Designers are always here to help you create a beautiful dining space of your own. Give us a call at (480) 892-0174 to learn more about the pieces used above or to start your own room makeover.
Thursday is the first day of fall, which means pumpkin patches, football, and seasonal home decor. Norwood will spend the next couple weeks prepping for fall around the store and we’ll share our decor photos here in a couple of weeks. In the meantime we thought we’d share our favorite fall inspiration photos.
We love how Randi of Randi Garrett Design changed the color of her candles to a warm fall hue and used natural green leaves to create an etherial garland on her mantle.
Emily of Eleven Gables kept her french blue but incorporated fall with colored hydrangeas, white pumpkins, and wheat.
Amanda of The Fashionable Hostess added a fall wreath to her mirror to bring some color to her dining space. We love the idea of adding wreaths to mirrors, kitchen hoods, old windowpanes, and other unexpected places.
Happy fall everyone, and thanks for reading!
Ottomans are a beautiful way to add style to your living space while also having the comfort of propping your feet up to relax. Our Furniture Pick of the Week is this beautiful ottoman from Craftmaster.
One of the best features of this ottoman is the versatility. There are tons of fabric options to work with any decor as well as a leather version and different wood finishes.
The simple design of the ottoman makes it the perfect mix of modern and traditional. It also comes with 3 rectangular trays that match the wood finish and are perfect for setting on top to hold your morning cup of coffee.
We currently have one of these ottomans on our showroom floor, stop by to see it in person or give us a call at (480) 892-0174 to learn more.
Gray is everywhere these days, so this week’s Get That Look post features a neutral living area with charcoal accents, mirrored furniture, and lots of cozy upholstery.
It’s always tricky to decipher if design trends are here to stay, but our forecast is showing that gray will likely be the “in” color for interiors for years to come. If you’re still a little hesitant about the color, take major notes from the space above. They chose upholstery in creamy neutral tones and added gray in with pillows, a rug, and lamps. This way, if gray is out the door in a few years you can pick up a few inexpensive pillows and lampshades to add in a new color.
We also love when natural elements are brought into a room, like this beautiful orchid that brings light and life to the space.
Norwood’s Interior Designers would love to help you create this look in your own home, give us a call at (480) 892-0174 or send us an email at email@example.com to get started!
Norwood’s Drapery Department is always on the lookout for the newest, most beautiful and unique fabrics on the market to truly make our clients’ homes one of a kind. We recently discovered Lilliflora from Beacon Hill, a fabric that meets all of the above criteria.
From Beacon Hill: Lilliflora is a one-of-a-kind fabric from Beacon Hill’s Ankasa Bespoke collection. Inspired by the yoke of a blouse from Sachin and Babi’s Spring 2014 line, and named for a species of magnolia, Lilliflora features a delicate floral motif. Each “petal” is created by die-cutting faux leather and then hand appliquéing it to a linen and cotton ground. Designers around the country have been expertly employing this fashion-influenced textile’s quiet glamour. They have chosen it for pillows and shams in a master bedroom, an ottoman in a foyer, the body of a sofa sold for charity and floor-to-ceiling draperies in a morning room. Indeed, Lilliflora is in full bloom.
This stunning fabric is like nothing we’ve seen before. Come see us today to get a glimpse of Lilliflora in person!
As fall is approaching, so are the holidays. And with the holidays comes entertaining, house guests, and large family meals. The basis for these gatherings is a beautiful and comfortable dining table; a place to surround yourself with the people you love and enjoy a wonderful meal.
Choosing the perfect dining table can be challenging. There are so many options these days- rectangle, circle, leaf insert, glass top, dark finish, metal base, pedestal table- and we could go on. That’s where our Interior Designers come in, to help you choose the right piece for your home.
To get you started on the process, here are a few of our top dining table tips:
- Consider the size of your space. There’s nothing worse than having a huge piece of furniture stuffed into a tiny room OR having a small piece of furniture in a massive space. Take your time- measure the space, measure tables, measure chairs that will go with the table, and consider whether or not you will need other furniture (console table, china cabinet, etc.). Keep in mind that you will want at least 42-48″ between your table and the wall or other piece of stationary furniture.
- Consider the shape of your space. This fits well with the tip above. While you were measuring, which shape seemed to fit better? Sometimes it’s clear, and other times not so much. Rectangle tables generally fit larger groups of people- at least 6, and sometimes up to 12. Circle tables are usually better for smaller spaces, they have no sharp edges to bump into and can still fit 4-8 people. If you want something roomy but don’t like sharp lines, consider an oval table with a leaf.
- Formal or Informal? This one is pretty easy, you’ll know if you’re looking for a formal dining table if you have a separate room or if you’re looking for something more casual for a breakfast nook. Of course, there are always open layouts that are a bit more challenging to decide formal vs. informal. In this case think about your lifestyle. Do you have little ones that you’re feeding 3 meals a day and need something family friendly? Or do you prefer a formal dining area for dinner parties and holidays?
- How many people will you need to seat? Seating is very personalized for each household. It depends on the amount of people living in your home who will regularly eat a meal together, and the amount of entertaining you do. For example, if there are 4 people living with you but you have family dinners every weekend with your parents, you may want to consider a table for 6 instead of 4. Another option for accommodating guests is choosing a table with a leaf. Leafs give you the ability to expand your table for different sizes of groups without always needing a larger table.
- Style. Once you’ve figured out what size and shape of table you’ll need, the fun part is style! Take a look at the other finishes in your space- cabinets, flooring, wall color, existing furniture, etc. Is your home modern, rustic, traditional, etc.? Along with style comes functionality. If you have lots of people living in your home and don’t have time to do a lot of cleaning, we wouldn’t recommend a glass top table. Similarly, if you have young kids who will be eating as well as doing homework and arts and crafts at the table, you may want to find a table that’s more durable like a concrete top.
Whatever your situation, Norwood can help you find the perfect dining table! You can checkout our website to view the dining tables we carry or come in and see us to receive a complimentary design consultation for your space.
Sofa – Chairs – Coffee Table – End Table – Round Side Table – Entertainment Center – Rug – Lamp – Clock – Art – Jars
Happy Thursday! In this week’s E-Design post we have created a living space with a mid-century style mixing wood tones, coral hues, and grays/silvers.
This entertainment center’s mirrored front adds unique architectural detailing to the space while its walnut finish coordinates beautifully with the accent tables. The sofa’s atypical legs also add to the modern mid-century style while bringing some silver and gray into the space.
Although you’d generally have a TV on or above the entertainment console, it could also be used in a formal living space paired with art and decor much like we’ve included above.
We had fun decorating a space that was somewhat different and colorful. Give us a call at (480) 892-0174 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the creation of your very own space!
This beautiful before and after transformation was done by one of our Interior Designers, Janet Dunlap. Janet worked closely with the clients to create drapery and find furniture that would add color and interest to their space while also keeping the family’s every day life in mind. These particular clients have 7 children and utilize the two spaces pictured for various activities with their kids like music practice and prayer, therefore they needed pieces that would be both functional and beautiful.
Janet added Tableaux (faux wrought iron) above both the arched window and the window in the piano room to add some much needed height. She then painted behind the Tableaux to make the window covering more cohesive, coordinating beautifully with the drapery panels on either side of the windows.
The family’s main concerns were storage and seating. They originally came in looking for a sectional for the living room to replace their sofa and love seat. Janet instead chose a beautiful sofa, bench seating, and tufted ottoman to provide both style and seating for the whole family. She also placed an end table in the living room and a large armoire in the piano room to provide storage for the family.
You can see how beautifully the client’s front door with iron detailing worked with the added Tableaux in the last photo.
Here are Norwood we don’t only sell furniture, we work with our clients to provide interior design advice and furniture placement from beginning to end, ensuring that the clients are happy with their new space.
Thanks for reading!